Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Colorado Trip


I am flying back to New York after spending the past six days in Denver. Each time I travel to western cities, I understand more and more why Easterners visit and end up spending the rest of their lives there. I had six days of 70 + degree weather, blue skies, and clear views of the snow capped Rockies.

The trip was a great opportunity to visit with friends and meet with members of the Colorado lacrosse community. I sat down with Jamie Munro, DU’s Head Coach & Director of Mile High All-Stars, Trevor Tierney, the Director of Icon Lacrosse, and Greg Bastis, current Icon coach, MLL player and Middlebury Alum. I was excited to show off LacrosseRecruits.com and explain how our profiles can help their players gain recruiting exposure. Our tool was well received and I look forward to getting players from both programs on board.

At times, it seems like all I can think and talk about is lacrosse. As everyone knows, I love lacrosse. But spending a few days outside of the office, daily trips to get bagels or pancakes, only one cup of coffee a day, enjoying Fat Tires on the stoop and spending time up in Frisco & Breckenridge helped me regroup/prep as LacrosseRecruits ramps up for a busy holiday season.

Blog of the Week:

www.avc.com - Fred Wilson's (Union Square Ventures) blog is a great resource to understand how a VC Rockstar views the current VC/Technology markets.

Moment of Zen:

Response on InsideLacrosse to Quint Kessenich's Take on the MLL's 4th Pole

By patlax on Nov 4, 2008 | Reply

"Quint, I can’t wait for lax season to start, so I can turn the sound down when you give us your insight... "

No comments: